Saturday, July 26, 2008

American Idol - Live!!

So I've been a huge American Idol fan the last few seasons, and this season did not disappoint!! Jeremy wasn't too keen on paying $60 to see them live (though he was great to watch it with me every week), so my friend FUN CORY came up from Provo and we went together. We had had such a fun time at the Kelly Clarkson/Clay Aiken concert a few years ago, I knew he was the perfect "concert buddy" for this show. He screamed like a little girl (just to entertain me, really)!
The concert was entertaining - each of the Top 10 winners sang 3 songs each, ending with David Cook, the winner of American Idol. The top 2 ("the Davids") sang a few extra songs, then all 10 did a song or two. This Salt Lake crowd was out of control!!! They screamed and cheered SO loud, several of the singers commented "wow, you guys are loud!!" David Archuleta, our hometown hero, sounded great and the fans just loved him. He even got a little emotional at all the love shown. LOL - Personally, I think it's rude to scream when a performer is singing. When s/he is done, hey, scream all you want - let 'em know you love their talent; but when they're singing, shut up and listen!! I assume this comes with maturity....who knows. Anyway, that's my two cents. It took our ears an hour or so to recover afterwards, but what a great concert. Good times!

3 comments:

lissiemarie said...

what a blast Sherrie. You are a mover and a shaker! I haven't seen this blog before and it is fun to peek in on your life. I'm in Idaho. Life has been busy and I have taken a break from the blog world!

Jodi said...

I know several people that went to AI Live and loved it. Looks like it was a great time!

Andersonland said...

Fun Corey is looking slim and trim! -It's so fun to see all the fun things you are doing.