Saturday, November 28, 2009

August Fun

Besides Brittany's trip to Utah for EFY and visiting me, other highlights from August included seeing my nephew, Jordan dance at a Dance Camp he attended at BYU.


I got to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity with my employer, Wells Fargo Health Benefit Services. I was bummed I didn't get to work on a house - rather we weeded a huge area so a playground could be put in. Wow, was that exhausting!

My old friends Jennifer & Bruce Wright were in town from San Francisco, and Jeremy & I got to spend an evening with them and their 5 kids on Temple Square and celebrate Jen's 40th birthday. Those kids are all getting so big & cute!
Jeremy & I met up with our friend "Fun Cory," Shaunna, & Keith to have dinner at Sundance and see a show at the outdoor Sundance Theatre, "The Fantastiks." It was truly the dumbest musical I've ever witnessed, but it was way fun to hang out together in that great venue.Depeche Mode came to town and Jeremy & I couldn't miss it! We love them live! They rocked the house and we had a great time.
I invited my good friend Sheri Hicken and her kids over to swim for the last days of summer. Time sure flies - it's been 18 months since we've seen each other. The kids had a great time swimming and Aryann got to do some school shopping alone w/ her mom while I hung out w/ the boys.
The last day of the month I got to see a local production of The Scarlet Pimpernel with Cory (Jeremy has a policy to see a musical only once). It was a pretty good production, and Cory was such a fun viewing partner! That's why we call him "Fun Cory"!!

No comments: