Saturday, November 28, 2009

September Highlights

September is one of my favorite months of the year. The heat finally starts to subside and the cool, crisp fall weather start. Bliss.
September was filled with dinners out with friends. My favorite. I am blessed with lots of very good friends. A few times a year, I get together with a group of girls that I used to work with at Creating Keepsakes Magazine ('03-'04). I always have a great time catching up and seeing their babies come and grow. This is Stephanie and her son, Joshua, who was born with a fuzed skull. His brain was growing out the back last time we saw him in February, and here he is, months after surgery, doing perfectly. What a little trooper.
Jeremy worked overtime one Friday night, so I organized a little GNO with a few friends from my singles ward. We met up at The Cheesecake Factory and had a fun evening, talking for hours. Gotta love girlfriends.
My friend Candy came to town for a friend's wedding, so we got to see her and go out to dinner and a show at the Sandy Amphitheatre. On stage was Shawn Borrowes on the piano and singing. He opened for a comedian named Jason Howland, who was pretty funny. He did lots of impressions and we were pretty amused. Very fun evening. No pictures, unfortunately.
A big highlight of the month was a visit from Michael & Kristin. We spent the afternoon at Hogle Zoo and saw lots of animals. I hadn't been there since I was 12, and it was fun sharing it with little Carter & James.

2 comments:

Winnett's said...

WAHOOOOOO! Love the updates and pics!

Fame said...

you have such fun with your friends and family :) i love it that you log it so well and really just make use of every minute you have :0) love that and so many other things about yoU!