Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Weekend in D.C.

Last weekend was my sister and her husband's birthdays (Saturday + Monday, respectively), so we went to D.C. to celebrate!! Plus, one of our favorite musicals (The Civil War) was being done at the famous Ford's Theatre, and we wanted to witness that. It was seriously excellent!! What amazing talent. Other activities/highlights include:
  • Mt Vernon (by myself)
  • Spy City Tour
  • sushi at SEI
  • to-die-for dinner at Bonefish Grill
  • relaxing pedicure
  • Antietam Battlefield
  • Jefferson Memorial at night
  • personal tour of the Hirshorn by cousin Lindsey
It was a fabulous weekend with great weather. For details, click on the slideshow to open Picasa and read my captions.


4 comments:

Supershepherds said...

It looks like it was a great trip. I've only seen one block of DC. Long story but not an exciting one. Your pictures are far more interesting.

Fame said...

I want to travel with you! haha awesome time, it looks like. and the civil war at Ford's theater?! wow. jealous :)

Kimi D said...

awesome trip...i loved that in the picture of you on the mall there was a chick doing a handstand in the background...made me laugh!

Rebecca Foster said...

I LOVE D.C. It's my hometown. So many fun things to do there, looks like you guys had a great time. I'm jealous!