Friday, September 26, 2008

Guest room is finally done! (well, almost)

After many weeks/months of preparation and shopping, my guest room is finally (sort of) complete! Jeremy hung the shelf last night and I hung the canvas art, so the "decor" is up. I made the headboard from MDF (micro density fiber = cheap, fake wood), brown paint, and lovely ultrasuede covered padding (similar to the headboard in my room). There's even a light rope on the back, for "effect" -- but I'm not sure how "effective" it really is... Jeremy & I framed out the window, which I really like the look of. What do you think?

I have a couple things I still need to accomplish: sewing the curtain panel, finding a coordinating nightstand, and sewing some pillows out of the brown & tan geometric patterned fabric used for the curtain panel.

Go ahead - RATE MY SPACE!!!

11 comments:

Angie Monson said...

oooh very cute! I love your style. You should come to my new house soon!

Fame said...

looks fantastic. i totally want to sleep over at your house one night just so i can stay there... but i'd have to make it past your comfy couch first! :)

lwilley said...

The bedroom looks fabulous!!! Come decorate mine now :)

Supershepherds said...

Look at you go. We're going to see you on HGTV before we know it. I love it!

Shaunasday said...

Wow I love it so talented you are!

Krista said...

What a relaxing room! I still think we should all come to your house for a girls' week... I get dibs on the bed.

SherBear said...

Thanks for everyone's feedback! Wow! Obviously, I welcome sleepovers!

J and S said...

Lovely D-AW-LING! Sleepovers it is! You have done a fabulous job on your home. Congratulations!

Andersonland said...

I have had the pleasure staying in Sherrie's guest room and it was comfortable as well as beautiful. Sherrie is such a great hostess I recommend Hotel Sherrie to EVERYONE!

Mara said...

Well, Sher Bear, it looks like I can't call it my room anymore. Too many people are after it. You have such an eye--I need your help!!! It turned out awesome! What did you do with the comforter that was on the bed before??

Jodi said...

Your guest room is beautiful!! Great job Sherrie!